Home / / Reply To: ADVO

Reply To: ADVO

Felix Spencher


Option 1 – often the decision comes down to whether or not you’re prepared to arrange for a consent without admissions order, where you consent to an order made against you but do not admit any liability for and/or accept her claims.

Option 2 – alternatively, you can defend the matter which often involves the services of a lawyer.

The 1st option – consent without admissions – usually resolves the matter quite quickly, with little cost, and results in a 6 month or longer order whereby (among other orders) you usually have to behave towards your ex-partner and/or not go close to her.

A consent without admissions protection order means (among others things) that there has been no domestic abuse proven. That said, a consent without admission protection order can sometimes be treated, particularly by those working in the Federal Circuit Court (family report writer’s etc), as if it is evidence of family violence; so consider this if you have kids and your dispute with your ex-partner is likely to end up in the Federal Circuit Court.

The 2nd option – defend the matter – means you’re going to defend the matter and that it will most likely proceed to a trial whereby you (and her) will be given the opportunity to explain yourself. Most people only do this if they’re confident of the outcome and there was no domestic violence committed by them.

Welcome to the forum.

Best regards,