Home / / Reply To: Greedy X

Reply To: Greedy X

C.V. Pandero
Participant

Thanks for your response Felix.

To some extent the protection order matter has already been resolved as last week I consented without admission just to get it out of the way. There was no validity to her domestic abuse allegations but consenting without admissions seemed like the easiest way to deal with it.

What has happened is that my ex-partner has placed a caveat on my property and now we have orders that set out various things such as us coming into agreement upon the value of the property within a certain timeframe, who gets to stay in the property whilst all this happens, what orders each party are seeking, and attending a conciliation conference, etc etc.

I am “allowed” to live in the house whilst the matter progresses through the court but what I don’t understand is how she can do all of this because even though we lived together in the house for 2 years out of our 5 year relationship she has only ever paid ½ of 3 mortgage payments and I had the house before I met her.

So how can she possibly have an ownership claim to the house that warrants all of this trouble and/or the caveat?