Home / / Reply To: Wife filed for parenting orders & will not let me see the kids

Reply To: Wife filed for parenting orders & will not let me see the kids

Forum Scandalum Magnatum Forums Family Court Topics Wife filed for parenting orders & will not let me see the kids Reply To: Wife filed for parenting orders & will not let me see the kids

Steven Jimseson
Participant

Hi Rodney,

I’m no lawyer but it sounds like to me that your ex-partner has already seen a lawyer or gone to some kind of place that gives women support before, during, and after the split so that they know how to transition through separation/divorce and still have the lion’s share of what you both shared including the kids.

A quick glance at the documents will tell you whether a lawyer is on board or not, as there’s usually a place at the bottom or top of the court documents for parenting orders, spousal maintenance and divorce papers where there is a provision for the lawyer to state they’re on board.

Either way it probably doesn’t matter, as I would still say to you that you need to see a lawyer and get some good advice.

Don’t just see 1 lawyer, see several just to make sure you don’t end up with someone that’s just going to go through the motions for you and still charge like a wounded bull.

All the best,

Steve.