Home / / Cross application against abuse

Cross application against abuse

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      JS
      Participant

I am a recipient of domestic violence and I have also committed an act of domestic violence. My ex partner used the police to oust me from my home and and destroyed all of my possessions. I have had to consent without admission, through lack of money.

I have applied for and been awarded a protection order from her. She wants to contest and now I have another significant legal bill just to be able to protect myself from a woman with three rifles and a posse of blokes. She has threatened to kill me and I cannot afford to defend myself. The police think that they have done their job and are not interested in helping me.

I am at a loss of what to do. My act of violence towards my ex partner was to throw a phone away that she was shining in my face after she had stolen my car and threatened my life. She had been economically abusive and is threatening to sue me for $2.3 million, for a range of offences including trespass onto the property that she and I co own. Most of all she is furious at me for taking our property dispute to court and as far as I can see where is operating outside of the law.

JS
      Participant

The respondent to my application for a protection order has sent through a further demand for money of $800K on top of the $3.2M already claimed. Can this be considered a further act of domestic violence, since the basis of her demand is that I am applying for a protection order against her?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by JS. Reason: typo
      Felix Spencher
      Keymaster

Hi JS,

Thanks for your post.

Can you advise on what state you’re in and precisely what (if anything) you have been charged with?

Kind regards,

Felix.

JS
      Participant

I have applied for a cross order and need to present an affidavit by the 21st of May 2021.

I have applied for a breach to the temporary order that is now in place as result of my successful application

I need to provide the police a statement in relation to the breach that I reported

Felix Spencher
        Keymaster

Hi JS,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Can you please advise what Australian state (Victoria, QLD . . . etc) you’re in?

Also can you please explain what your X has done to breach your temporary protection order against her, and whether you have been charged with anything?

Kind regards,

Felix.

JS
      Participant

Felix,

QLD

I have asked the police to investigate whether the demands for millions of dollars in damages suffered constitutes economic coercion due to it’s frivolous and vexatious nature. I haven’t been charged with anything.

Justin

Felix Spencher
      Keymaster

Hi JS,

OK so you’re in QLD. The reason I asked what state you’re living in is because each Australian state has their own domestic violence and/or protection order laws.

In one of your earlier posts you said “I have applied for a breach to the temporary order that is now in place as result of my successful application

With that in mind can you please explain both, what your X has done to breach your temporary protection order against her, and what progress your application (for her breach of your temporary protection order) has achieved?

Also, I am assuming your X has only started sending you demands for money since you decided to seek a property division in the Federal Circuit Court. Is that right or wrong?

Kind regards,

Felix.

JS
      Participant

I am alleging that the demands for money, using sovereign citizen formatting and document structure, are the breach. They came after the temporary protection order was in place and are currently under investigation by the police. I have not been advised of any progress in the investigation and the complaint was made 6 days ago.

Felix Spencher
        Keymaster

OK – I get it now. You’re saying she – with her monetary demands – has breached one of the protection order terms (like the no communication clause) within your temporary protection order.

At the same time you also have a Federal Circuit Court application in relation to the property.

Are you going to self represent or get legal representation?

Kind regards,

Felix.

JS
      Participant

Correct, the matter in the FCC is being represented.

I have just engaged Men’s Legal service to assist me in the protection order matter.

Felix Spencher
        Keymaster

OK – well it sounds you have things quite sorted out on your end then.

Well done.

It’s a shame you didn’t get to us earlier as I could have recommended a few lawyers that we trust and know will progress cases from both, a father/men’s and cost effective perspective.

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Kind regards,

Felix.

Steven Jimseson
      Participant

Hi Justin,

Just wanted to say that I think you’re doing the right thing by contesting your X‘s protection order application with your own cross protection order application.

The way the law favors the women whom cry domestic abuse and supply no proof of it, is a complete shambles; destroying men’s lives for no provable reason.

I say fight fire with fire; and I know from personal experience most women that file protection order applications absolutely hate it when they get slapped with one of the same.

Keep up the good fight my friend.

Regards,

Steve,

JS
      Participant

Hi Felix and Steve

Thanks for the words of support, since this is my first being exposed to the DV/Family law process it came as a surprise. I have learnt a lot and still have much to learn. I was unprepared for the callous and vindictive manner in which I was and am still being dealt with.

Your correct in saying that the respondent hates having an order placed on her, she is revealing herself as a die-hard ‘sovereign citizen’ and is threatening my solicitor with a wide variety of allegations and suing for damages.

Justin

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.